The Swedish Water Platform
As a continuation of the work with A Vision for Water – the Research and innovation agenda for the water sector – the Swedish Water Platform has been created. The Water Platform will support and encourage increased participation from the water sector in Horizon 2020.
Water Platform objective:
- Create a national platform for water with a broad support in the water sector
- Develop and establish a communication plan, outline for the projects, direction, and plan for how the platform can influence and increase participation in Horizon 2020
Goals and benefits of the Water Platform:
- Increased participation in future calls under Horizon 2020
- Increased understanding and commitment from Swedish water service companies for EU’s work in the water sector
- Implement the innovation areas which the water sector have identified within A Vision for Water
Horizon 2020 – EU’s current framework programme for research and innovation
Horizon 2020 is the EU’s current framework programme for research and innovation. The programme will extend from 2014-2020 with a total budget of almost EUR 80 billion.
In contrast to the seventh framework programme for research and technological development, FP7, Horizon 2020 consists of only one specific programme. Horizon 2020 has three priorities:
- Excellent Science
- Industrial Leadership
- Societal Challenges
There are different deadlines for different calls, so remember to note down the deadline for the call you are interested in. This information can be found in the “Work Programme” for each priority.
More information about the programme and all official documents can be found on the European Commission’s website for Horizon 2020. You can also contact any of the Swedish National Contact Points (NCPs) to learn about research funding opportunities within Horizon 2020.
Vinnova has granted SEK 1 million in support of the work with the Water Platform from June 2014 and two years onwards. The grant is based on the proposal submitted 140327 (pdf).